A look at the fascinating and often infuriating sub-culture of Mothers...from THE MOMMY MAFIA; the Urban Dictionary of Mothers by LJ Charleston - publication date late 2013 - with more than 100 different categories of weird & wonderful Mothers. From Olympic Mom (My kid was walking at nine months, what's wrong with yours?) to Can't Stop Breeding Mom (six kids and another on the way!) Thrift Shop Mom (this dress only cost me $2!) to Natural Birth Interrogator Mom (WHY did you have a C-section? You really missed out on the real motherhood experience!)

Remember, in motherhood, a woman is more dangerous than a shotgun.



If you thought meeting the parents was tough, now it's time to meet the mommies.





http://www.themommymafiabook.com/



Follow the Mommy Mafia on Twitter @themommymafia



Sunday, August 12, 2012

Germ Phobic Mom

We spent two hours in the park today and amazed to see how sparkling clean the playground equipment looked...and then we noticed Germ Phobic Mom with a bottle of disinfectant and a towel - giving the slide and swings a good rub down. I'll never forget visiting her in hospital when she'd given birth to baby number 3 and before she'd let me cuddle her newborn, she made me wash my hands with disinfectant, even though I told her I'd just washed my hands. "No. You probably used soap. Soap is not good enough," she said, pushing a bottle of Clean-aid in my hands. Interestingly, when her kids get sick, they seem to be sick for a long time. But when I suggest that maybe she needs to start exposing her kids to some 'good germs' so they build up immunity, she looks at me with horror. "There's no such thing as a good germ!"

No comments: